GCERF organised two events and actively participated in various meetings on the margins of the 73rd United Nations General Assembly Session in New York.
- On 25 September 2018 the Government of Australia and GCERF hosted an interactive panel on Global Lessons for Domestic Efforts to Prevent and Counter Violent Extremism to discuss global lessons for domestic efforts to prevent and counter violent extremism at the United Nations Headquarters. Read the synopsis here
- On 26 September 2018 the European Union, GCERF and the Kofi Annan Foundation organised the panel discussion on “Listen! A Youth Perspective on Preventing Violent Extremism”, which was an opportunity to listen to and learn from young people directly affected by and pushing back against violent extremism. Read the synopsis here
- Have a look at the booklet Read! A Youth Perspective on Preventing Violent Extremism
- On 26 September 2018 Carol Bellamy, Chair of GCERF Governing Board, delivered a statement at the Ninth GCTF Ministerial Plenary Meeting. Read her statement here
- Watch a new promotional video of the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF)